Monday, June 16, 2008

Morganisms

Morgan: "Mom, I want to play with my friend E some more. I want to play a lot longer over there."

Emily: "Like forever?"

Morgan: (Delighted with my answer) "Yeah, forever."

Emily: "Okay, I'll call her Mom up right now and see if she can adopt you so you can stay there forever."

Morgan didn't budge or bat an eye. She looked happy at my statement. So I played along. I pretended to call E's mother.

Emily: "Oh, hi, Kathi... can Morgan stay with you forever? Can you adopt her?" (I cupped the phone receiver and told Morgan that she said yes as long as Morgan slept outside.) "Is that okay if you sleep outside, Morgan?"

Morgan: "Oh, yes! I have a sleeping bag!"

Groan. Plan. Backfiring. Retreat! Retreat!

Emily: "Oh wait... she says that she thinks I'll miss you too much. You have to stay with me."

Whew!

Is it just me or is it disturbing that my child was ready to leave me and her father forever? I'm sure I did this to my parents, but only when I was mad at them. :)

1 comment:

Jenni S. said...

You know that as soon as you left her with someone for longer than a few hours she'd be anxiously awaiting your return! I always laugh when my kids favorite babysitter comes and they turn to me and say, "Mommy, can you leave now?" Really warms the heart. LOL.