Monday, June 2, 2008

Field Day

There is a school right behind my house.

Today they are having Field Day.

I'm so glad I'm an adult. I was terrible at Field Day.

For pullups, I just dangled on the bar, grunting furiously, but never able to pull myself up.

For races, I always came in last.

For situps, I remember the "President's Challenge" and thinking, "I don't see the President doing these!" (Weak tummy strength.)

But here's the happy thought: No more Field Day. I'm a grown up. Sorry, Kiddos!

7 comments:

Sheryl said...

You want pics? Check out my sister's blog and on the right hand side is a link for her family's pictures (aka her one month old baby boy!!!) He's so cute! :)

http://heukerhouse.wordpress.com

Travis said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Travis said...

Did you have to do the pretend-you're-sitting-against-the-wall-on-an-invisible-chair wall sit thingy? Who came up with that?

Jenni S. said...

Oh I used to HATE the president's challenge - truly, venomous hate. Yes I was lazy and felt physical challenges were completely unneccasry in life. Which is probably why I have such a hard time getting my rear on the treadmill everyday. :)

Emily Dykstra said...

OH yeah... Travis... those wall stretch thingys were so weird... what's up with that?

Laughing... You had venomous hate, huh, Jenni? I hear ya, girl. I hear ya.

Kris said...

Oh dear. The one reason why I loved Field Day was because it meant school was coming to a close. Who am I kidding. I loved school. hehe.
K

Short Stop said...

OH, Ick. Icky Icky field day.