Thursday, June 19, 2008

Momma Learns

Yesterday Morgan and I had a break-through in our relationship: hair braids.

Lately we've had a somewhat civil relationship. It hasn't been particularly fun and Mommy gets sick a lot so I'm unreliable...at least in her world.

Somewhere in the mix of butting heads I was sitting on her bed braiding her hair. It was her first day wearing braids. One braid wasn't enough. Plus, Morgan is a very picky, albeit unpaying salon customer. I braided little braids on the side, top and back of her hair. I rebraided. In the end she decided on three braids.

Previous to this hair-braiding session, I had had a quasi-successful rest. I woke up a bit on the tired side because Morgan found that the wind caught her bedroom door beautifully. It must have slammed shut 20 times. I bid my nap farewell. I went to her room.

I guess the initial idea to braid her hair was her idea, but the notion of holding her down by her hair in caveman fashion did appeal to me as well. Remember, I was tired. Tired= grumpy.

After braiding her hair, Morgan lay down on her bed. I was talking to Debbie at the time, so I didn't notice when Morgan's breathing changed to soft little puffs of air. She was asleep. At last.

I don't think I'll be able to pull the hair braiding= child sleeping stunt every day, but I do think Morgan just needed a little TLC from her momma.

Noted.

No comments: